Monday 11 February 2013

agatha christie dyslexia

http://www.happydyslexic.com/node/14

Happy Dyslexic  - Famous people with dyslexia


Authors

  • Avi
  • Agatha Christie: Author (1890 - 1976). The most successfull mystery writer of all time. Books, movies, and more of Agatha Christie Amazon.com.
"I, myself, was always recognized . . . as the "slow one" in the family. It was quite true , and I knew it and accepted it. Writing and spelling were always terribly difficult for me. My letters were without originality. I was . . . an extraordinarily bad speller and have remained so until this day." - Agatha Christie
"The popular idea that a child forgets easily is not an accurate one. Many people go right through life in the grip of an idea which has been impressed on them in very tender years." - Agatha Christie, Thinkexist
"I have enjoyed greatly the second blooming that comes when you finish the life of the emotions and of personal relation; and suddenly find --at the age of fifty, say -- that a whole new life has opened before you, filled with things you can think about, study, read about...It is as if a fresh sap of ideas and thoughts were rising in you. With it, of course, goes the penalty of increasing old age -- the fact that your body is nearly always hurting somewhere...One's thankfulness for the gift of life is, I think, stronger, more vital during those years than it has ever been before. It has some of the reality and intensity of dreams -- and I still enjoy dreaming enormously." - Agatha Christie
"Writing is a great comfort to people like me, who are unsure of themselves and have trouble expressing themselves properly." - Agatha Christie
"I suppose it is because nearly all children go to school nowadays, and have things arranged for them, that they seem so forlornly unable to produce their own ideas." - Agatha Christie, Homeschool.co.uk
Question: "So, how the ideas come?" Answer: "They come suddenly, I even don’t know how. Whenever: when I am listening to opera, walking on the street… they come from everywhere! Also, when a smart idea falls into your head, which you like, you have to build a believable story from it. Suddenly faces grow as well, one by one. And then comes this unpleasant day, when you have to sit down and everything what had beautifully grown put on paper. Yes, the first part is much more fun!" Agatha Christie.
Question: "Once you have said that is your work in detective stories divided in two parts: fun, when you are thinking up the plot and “boring” when all of that has to be put on paper." Answer: "Yes, that’s right. It is much more fun just to think about what is needed to be written as to write it!" Agatha Christie.
Question: "Does archaeology represent a certain period for you, for example, ancient Egypt or Mesopotamia or do other periods attract you as well?" Answer: "We are interested in all periods, that is also a difficulty! Today it is specially in science needed strict specialization in one thing, but we are interested in so many things!" - Agatha Christie, Interview September 1967
"I have learnt that I am me, that I can do the things that, as one might put it, me can do, but I cannot do the things that me would like to do." - Agatha Christie, Quote me on it...
"The secret of getting ahead is getting started." - Agatha Christie, Top Mystery
"One of the luckiest things that can happen to you in life is to have a happy chilhood. I had a very happy childhood." - Agatha Christie. Top Mystery

No comments:

Post a Comment